Live Streaming tips for a hassle-free setup
Live streaming can be a fun, rewarding, and incredibly valuable tool for growing your brand online. It’s no secret that creating a professional and engaging live stream often contains many moving parts (both literal and figurative), but when you’re able to pull everything together, the payoff is huge. With over 30 years of Broadcast and Performance experience as both Producers and On Air Talent our goal is to assist you in putting the BEST you in front of the Camera.
Here are some tips to keep your set up virtually painless:
1. Keep your setup simple. Every piece of equipment you add increases complexity in your setup. And if one of these parts fails, then the success of your entire live show is at risk! It’s always best to keep your setup simple to lower the odds of technical errors.
2. Have backup equipment available. Even with a simple setup, there is still a chance your equipment may fail. It’s always best to play it safe and keep backups of your gear whenever possible.
3. Ensure bandwidth availability. Know your network! Test your upload speed to ensure you have consistent upload bandwidth or your live stream may not be viewable by your audience.
4. Budget extra time for audio. Audio setup sometimes doesn’t receive all the attention it deserves. Audio is essential to delivering a professional live stream, after all. So make sure you remember to give yourself ample time to minimize room noise, test acoustics, and configure your audio settings, and more.
5. A good way to test your stream before going live is to stream to a backup account. In Facebook, for example, create a new account with no friends and set all publishing notifications to private. While your backup account is streaming you can log into your main account and view your broadcast from the perspective of your audience.